Thursday, December 15, 2011

Post Office Shipping Rates have Increased!

I went to the post office to gather my boxes and priority envelopes for mailing out my ebay packages for people today.  Boy, was I in for a shock about the new higher rates.  For a small flat rate box it is $5.95
Medium is $10.95 and Large is $14.95.  Good lord.  It was a shocker.  I wasn't expecting it to be that high.
Years ago when I mailed things for ebay buyers the rates were so much cheaper.
I might even want to rethink my rates for my paperdolls.  Although that would be a little cheaper, as they aren't that heavy and they are small and easy to mail.
I got alot of boxes and envelopes and some craft paper for wrapping a few of the books to go standard shipping.  That's the only thing I don't like about ebay.  For books and dvds ebay won't allow you to go past a certain price for shipping.  Yet, if someone wants it priority shipping it is obviously going to be more and some books are heavy and cost more to ship.  So I think Ebay should fix that.
I got back and hopped onto the computer and immediately went into ebay and revised all my shipping rates.  I would have lost out a lot of money if I hadn't realized the new shipping rates.  Then, I would have practically mailed out some things for practically nothing and wouldn't have gained anything for it, except that the item is out of my house.
People have been going in and definitely viewing a lot of my stuff and a bunch of them are watching some of them.  I'm going to go take pictures of my stuff before it goes.  I want some nice close up digital pictures of some of my stuff.
After I get done writing this blog, I want to start listing my paper doll sets on Amazon and see if I can sell some from there.  That seems to be a little like Ebay.  If it sells, you get an email about payment and then you package your product for shipping.  And of course Amazon gets a cut.
Pretty cool.  It's worth a shot.  I was on Etsy earlier this year for the paper dolls, but didn't seem to have much luck.  I got people following them, but nobody bought.  Maybe I was doing something wrong.  I hear that lots of crafters have good luck with Etsy.  Maybe I will try again with just a few of them.  Who knows.
I would just like things to take off.
I definitely have a unique product.  Yet, it is a targeted niche for women and girls.

Jennifer Jo Fay

Can hardly wait for my auctions to be done.

I'm also getting ready to do some more paper dolls.  I have been away from drawing for a while, due to my writing passions, but really do need to take some time for that too.

If only there were more hours in a day!  Don't we all wish!

December 15, 2011

My BunBun and Olga paperdoll set.  This was the first set I created after winning the Paper Doll contest in Doll Reader Magazine about ten years ago.  I won a Riley doll created by Helen Kish and got my paper doll creations for her doll in the magazine issue.  It was awesome and sparked my creativity.  Her dolls are expensive.  I got approached by the magazine after to have some of my paper dolls in their magazine each month.  I was excited about that thought, so I submitted new stuff at the time.  Unfortunately, they also had a regular paper doll artist that got to have her stuff in each issue and they couldn't go with both of us.  At the time, I also befriended the girl that was in charge of that, and I sent her a copy of my first romance novel that I had finished. 


If anyone likes paperdolls or knows someone who likes paper dolls, check out my paperdoll post on each of my blogs where my paper dolls are for sale:

http://jennyjofaypaperdolls.blogspot.com/
http://jenniferpaperdolls.blogspot.com/  The Official Paper Doll Blog
http://mommiedearest101.blogspot.com/ 
http://yourstrulycraftygal.blogspot.com/
http://prolificpoetrychick.blogspot.com/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment