Wednesday, July 16, 2014

It's hard to believe July is more than half over.  I've been having a nice summer with my kids and even though I've been trying to find a job, maybe this is the way it should be for this summer that I don't find a job just yet.

I was pointed out that it may be a special summer for me and my kids before my oldest goes off to college in the fall.  And maybe fall time will be my better luck for finding a job.  Hopefully.  It's been hard not having one and only being able to call places to see if there is a chance they are hiring.

I'm faced with being an older adult against the college kids.  Not that I'm old but I'm not a young kid out of high school.

Today, was a bit of travelling for me.  I'm at my kids house for today and am going to miss them for a long weekend as they are headed to Maine for a camping trip.  I think that I may take in a movie and treat myself to Tammy.  I heard it was really funny.

I treated myself to a sausage biscuit today and got to talk with one of my son's friends who works at MacDonald's.

I'm going to work some more on a blue knitted scarf.  Boucle yarn.  It's probably halfway done and I checked with my daughter to see if she would want it.  It would be an extra scarf for her.

I've got my next knitting project lined up.  I'm thinking of a pink skirt for me made out of some lightweight rayon yarn.

I'm praying that next summer I have a job that is going to take up my time.  I need to find something and it's hard when it's taking so long to find something.

I'm doing some more drawing as well.  In a sketchbook primarily making paper doll heads.  Just sketches for the most part.

My cats left me a wet hairball surprise a few nights ago.  I got up to get them their early morning food and when I got back in the bed I felt something wet.  Turning on the light I knew what it was immediately.  Better the sheets than on the carpet.  It's harder to get it out of the carpet.

I do not know which cat is doing it but one of them is guilty as hell.

My other son has a birthday next week.  And on Monday I got treated to a double feature of Harry Potter the last two parts of it.  Deathly Hallows.

That was a fun day.

Enjoying my summer with my kids.


Jennifer Jo Fay

Copyrighted July 16, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment