Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Jennifer Jo Fay books on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jennifer+jo+fay

Well, I haven't written here in a while and maybe I should get back to writing.  I keep thinking this would be a way to advertise my books.  I can't complain about not selling books as I have at least sold a few books each month.  But of course I would love to sell more of my books.

I've decided to bite the bullet and pay a little bit of money to do some promoting of some of my favorite books I've published.  I'm going to promote Knitted Coffee Cozies, The Glorious Money Tree Trilogy (fantasy), Lolita Lob it off (vampire), and Memories of Mom, Family Recipes and Stories from a Beautiful Life with the ad campaign on Amazon.  I'm doing the cheapest budget.

I'd like to see a little nudge in the right direction with these books.  I chose the knitting book and the recipe book as I have off and on sold a few copies of those two.  I've sold some of the poetry books and my other cookbook too.  Not the novels yet.

I have gotten readers to all the books when I do free book promotions.  Check out my author page as I do have them for free book promotions when Amazon lets me create a promotion.

I'm also going to promote Lolita Lob it off with Ebook Planet and The Glorious Money Tree with Booksgosocial.  They will promote these for a year.  The fee wasn't a lot so I'm forking over a little money to see if I can gain it back in sales.  It would be really cool if I could suddenly see a lot more sales.

And a really cool thing is I'm gaining followers on Twitter and one person for Penned asked me to be featured.  They're going to put Lolita Lob it Off novel link on an app.  It's free as far as I know.  That is really cool.

I'm really active lately on Facebook with the writer's groups and there is a wealth of information.  The trouble is getting me off Facebook and starting to write.  Good lord.  One writer said the best way to market yourself is to come out with another book.  If your readers like the new one, they're guaranteed to go buy your other ones.

So, I've got to kick start myself into some more writing.  I wasn't writing for a while last year.  In May I decided to put my writing down for a while and was knitting.  My other passion.  Over the summer I learned how to make socks and now have about 12-17 pairs.  Half are for me.  I was loving this Naked Sock yarn I was working with.  I made a bunch of shawls too and gave one to my sister and my sister-n-law.  The simple triangle pattern, stockinette stitch.

I was knitting all summer, no writing and in late September, I put the needles down and decided I needed to get writing again.  I've got the sequel to Lolita Lob it Off.  I was writing diligently for a good week or so.  Got the novel to 110 pages roughly.  Then, I went on a trip to Maine to visit my family and came back in October knitting again.

I'm not going to buy anymore yarn.  I've got more than enough!!!!  I was also making a bunch of fingerless mitts.  I might do our local Farmer's Market this spring season to October.  The fee is only $75 for the whole season.  I would have to do it rain or shine every Saturday.  I've got lots of knitting for it and nine copies of my books.

Last Monday, I decided once again to put the needles down and I'm going to try not to knit for a bit.  Maybe I will make myself knit for a few hours out of the week on a pair of fingerless mitts.  I've got one done and need to finish the second one.

Right now, I've got the sequel to Lolita Lob it off up to 130 pages and need to push that one to at least 200.

I'm starting a new novel as well called America's Favorite Lottery Winner.  My FMC is going to fall in love with her bodyguard.  I've got to think of some good conflict.  So far it is about 41 pages so it's got a long way to go.

But, I'm thinking if I can make myself write for about four to five hours a day, maybe things will get done.  It would be cool to see if I could get a novel done and ready to publish every three months.  That would be a realistic goal this year if I can get my butt in gear.

Jennifer Jo Fay

Copyrighted January 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment