Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pinterest is going to be the new Facebook


Pinterest is going to become the new facebook.  I discovered Pinterest back in December.  A girl on Igoogle was using Pinterest and mentioned the site to us.  I had never heard of it before.  Well, I got curious.  It said you needed to get an invite.

I requested an invite be sent to my email.  It did take about two to three weeks to get my invite, but once I got it, it was well worth it.

I used it a little bit in january, filled out my profile with all my information to all my sites, blogs etc...Zazzle.  Then, in February and March I started getting the hang of the site.  I began to use it to pin my stuff to my Zazzle store for my photography or my new etsy store.  It seemed to work.  One my blogs I could see that people were coming from Pinterest.  It definitely is a way to advertise your products.

For my Zazzle store, i simply copy my code and paste it into Pinterest and I pin my products.  Awesome.

Pinterest is a very visual site.  It is geared to women for sure.  We love to shop and all the visuals are very interesting.

Pinterest is a place to pin all the things that you like.  It is very addicting.  
A few weeks ago, I saw one pin for koolaid flavored popcorn.  Thought it was interesting and repinned it.  I haven't tried it yet, but I liked the picture.

Today I have gone in and searched knitting markers, jewelry, bottle cap necklaces, fabric flowers, paper flowers and anything I wanted to look at and see if there were anythings I would like to try making.  

There are great food recipes you can pin.  You can pin just about anything.  It is highly addicting.  I just had to leave the site as I think I have been there for almost an hour today.
I would encourage anyone to check it out.

And as I was social bookmarking stuff one day, I came across yet another site that might be trying to copy Pinterest.  I have signed up for it, but haven't really checked it out too much yet.  It's called Pinstyle and yet another place where you can advertise your stuff and also check out things that you like.  I bet it isn't as big as Pinterest yet, but you can be sure other sites are going to want to copycat Pinterest and hope people jump on the bandwagon.

Jennifer Jo Fay

April 12, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment