Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Another Cold Day

It's been a little warmer, but it still seemed cold going out to the car in the early morning.  A good sign is that Spring is around the corner even though officially it is already Spring.

Vermont weather really tanks.  Don't we all wish the snow would melt just like that and be gone!!!  I was able to get more hand written pages done, and felt that I got about 41 pages.

Next to type it up.  The thing to do is keep at it.

That goes with anything we set our minds to doing.  Keep doing what we are doing and we will get there.

I visited my local library today and hadn't done that in a little bit.  It's the one near my kids house and I hadn't needed to go.  However, today I had some time to kill before going to my kids house and I decided to just sit there and read my book.  Edit.  Or more like read it today.

It's so large, I just sort of got editing some of the chapters and flying through other chapters, not wanting to linger too long.

I will have to make myself linger as I'm sure all the chapters need fixing and tweaking.  Like with one of the adult characters I decided to leave out certain information about him as later on in the story I changed that little bit of information about him and it wasn't now relevant to the story.

I think a good writer needs to always be able to edit when need be.  It makes for a better story.    You can't just write the first draft to something and say that's going to be the way it's got to be.

Going into something we all know that change is a good thing.  Like getting rid of the snow and looking forward to cut grass!!!  Brown grass first and then the good green.

Warm weather please for breakfast, lunch and supper!!!  Just wait until summer when we can hardly wait for the weather to get cooler.  We can't win.  It's either way too cold or way too hot!!  What are we going to do?

It's got to be the change of seasons that keeps us going.  Like my Mom, I always like the four seasons.  I couldn't imagine living in Florida where it just doesn't get cold that much.  I need a change and I'm a four seasons girl.

Not that we always welcome change.  Sometimes change can be a bad thing, but any how, we should go with it and try to adapt to anything.  That's life for you.

I'm onto smaller things with the knitting, finally.  I'm doing a super quicky scarf that is kind of cool.  It's a cool buttonhole pattern with some fun fur at the edges.  It's so close to being done.  It's a quick thing.

Well, should get going.  I've got to get some patterns into my Ravelry.

Jennifer Jo. Fay

Copyrighted March 25, 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment