Friday, April 25, 2014

What propels you forward when you aren't sure what to do?  Do you just go with the flow or does it have to be an agenda that is form fitting to your needs?

Today, what propelled me forward was getting a new hair cut.  I loved that I could just walk outside my apt and be on the main street.  I only had to walk a few stores up and be at the salon.  Let's just say, I got a good ten inches off!  My hair was getting quite long and was so due for a cut.  

She chopped the bottom layer really fast just not wanting to comb it out and I told her to go above shoulder length.

It feels so much more easy to take care of now and is lightweight for summer.  Sometimes we just need one thing to make our day perfect.

My kids got a surprise today with Mom's short new do.  I had to tell them about the time I got it cut really short and had it dyed black.  I was working in a college library many years ago.  Some people from California came in and asked if we wanted to audition for a hair cut on stage.

I was one of the ones who decided to follow through and be a part of it.  My two friends and my sister cancelled out of it.  I was then one of the girls in the show.  We had to act like models and these hairdressers from California cut and dyed our hair on stage.  We had to practice the walk and then right in the middle of the stage I could hear him ripping my hair.  That was definitely the shortest I ever went.

I loved it for a while, but then one day a month later, a cashier in a drugstore thought I was a boy.  That ended that hair cut and my dyed hair really quick.  I've never gone to short hair like that again.

Above shoulder length will give it time for it to grow out.  I tend to wait a bit before getting a new cut.

Another thing, watch what you do on internet.  Don't you hate it when you go to a certain site, it sends you somewhere else and you start getting calls from people thinking you wanted to further your education.  No, not interested.

A treat for me and my kids today were some cherry pies.  Yummy.

Little treats.  One son had me watching Spiderman today.  He's my movie boy.

Jennifer Jo. Fay

Copyrighted April 25, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment