Sunday, May 27, 2012

My New Etsy Shop: Jfaypaperdolls

I went in and worked on my new Etsy shop today.    http://jfaypaperdolls.etsy.com

I just added about four or five more products.  It still needs more, but I will slowly work at getting more things in there.  It's looking more like a shop now.

I added more of my paper doll sets and another bottle cap knitting marker set.  Iconic actresses.  I know I would love to knit with them and hope that other people want to also.  I think they are really cute.

I've been on twitter for part of the morning and afternoon tweeting all my stuff.  Tweeting the etsy shop, the blog and the Zazzle store.

http://zazzle.com/fancyphotography/

I sold a cute kid's t shirt last week at the Zazzle store.  That was cool.

While I was at Etsy, I checked out the apps and discovered the etsy store app that you can add to your facebook pages.  I took the time to check it out and I now have the app right on each of my facebook pages.

Authentic Life Blog page
Jennifer Jo Fay Paperdolls page
Jennifer Jo Fay's Zazzle Photography Store page.

So, once I can start to post on people's walls, I will hope that people will be enticed to go check out the store.

I didn't want to get lots of products on Etsy just yet and have to pay the fees and no sales.  I haven't made any sales yet and don't want it to cost me an arm and a leg to list lots of stuff.

But the app looks cool on my pages.  I tried it out and it went straight to my shop.  I think I will add some more products to my store later today.  It would be nice to have at least 20 items for sale in there or a little more.

I have heard so many times that it takes a long time to get your Etsy shop off the ground.  You really need to do lots of advertising to get going.  I might decide to promote one of the products in a few months.  I think for $7 you can promote your item for a day to gain customers.

I will probably stick with it longer than I did last year with my other etsy account.

I like that you can have the shipping for international all set up there so anyone can buy.  I've got them all on an old post here and for sale on all my blogs, but I don't think the shipping is set up for international.  It is fine if you are in the US.  Although, I think if I had a sale from here that was international, I think you can easily create an invoice from Paypal to send to them before they send the paypal payment to you.

All my paper dolls are for sale on these blogs on an older post.  My prices are slightly higher on the blogs, but I decided to sell them at a cheaper price at my Etsy shop.  I just haven't gotten around to changing it on the blogs.  I might just decide to leave it and just keep sending everyone to my etsy shop instead.

Jennifer Jo Fay

May 27, 2012

http://jfaypaperdolls.etsy.com











No comments:

Post a Comment