Thursday, June 14, 2012

Awesome Sayings and Quotes

"life is rough so you gotta be tough" - Johnny Cash


"What lies behind us & what lies ahead of us are tiny compared to what lives within us." -Thoreau


“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.”-Dorothea


There is a time for departure even when there’s no certain place to go. ~ Tennessee Williams


There's no elevator to success... You have to take the stairs.  unknown


I've got little feet because nothing grows in the shade-  Dolly Parton




"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have....!"  from one of my Facebook Friends


To dream is to hope, to hope is to inspire, inspire is to motivate.  a fellow Triond writer











If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up.
— J.M. POWER

“Tis better to have loved and lost Than never to have loved at all.” ― Alfred Tennyson,


Like a rose trampled on the ground, you took the fall and thought of me above all! Thank you Jesus
one of my Facebook friends posted this one.  I love it.


Mr sun.....Mr Golden Sun....please shine down on us....    Raffi music



"Peace hath higher tests of manhood than battle ever knew." ~ John Greenleaf Whittier 

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”  from one of my family

What good is beauty without brains, looks without charm, money without happiness, a smile without feelings, a life without you?  one of my twitter followers


I am done trying to be what people want me to be. I am who I am and I am done changing for people. if you don't like who I am or the way I am then oh well. Life is to short to try and please everyone. I am going to make myself happy first and everyone else second.      
- from a facebook friend


E.L. Doctorow says, “Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can see only as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way."


this one I borrowed from Julie Jordan Scott's blog


http://juliejordanscott.typepad.com/julie_unplugged/2012/06/novelisttonovelistjuno.html


Jennifer Jo Fay


I think I will keep posting more of these posts.  I hate when you know a saying and recognize it and you can't remember who wrote it.  Or if you remember part of a saying and you know you've got it worded wrong.

I started a little black saying book when my mother was alive and all the relatives wrote in it.  It was our coffee table book. One night, two of my uncles were drunk and got writing in it.  It was really funny.

Maybe I'll dig out the book and those ones can be the next post.





No comments:

Post a Comment