Monday, May 19, 2014

It was a good weekend.  I enjoyed Sunday listening and singing to my music.  I turned off my radio for a little bit and played my CDs.  Simon and Garfunkel, Patsy Cline, a few songs from Titanic, The Sound of Music, Twilight and a few others.

I had called my Dad a few nights ago and made his Saturday night.  We got talking music as he had just listened to his Simon and Garfunkel.  We started reciting the songs and before you know it I'm singing verses to songs as we rattle them off.  Of course he likes Here's to You Mrs. Robinson because it has a verse on Joe DiMaggio!  I started mentioning Melanie Safka and sang Brand New Key to him.  He starts talking about Look What they've done to my Song Ma and I belt out that verse and start laughing!

He started talking about putting his Hungry Man dinner in the microwave and opening the door and guess what happened he says!  I could read his mind and knew he dropped it on the floor before he could tell me.  He has to hold things with two hands now as he drops things.  So much for the Hungry Man dinner of course!

That could potentially be some broken mugs I'm going to guess.  He's got enough to break I know that!  The shelf above his sink is filled with them.  They're all lined up.  There's one of my Mom and her cousin and I hope that one doesn't ever break.

I've been knitting more coffee cozies and I made myself do a little bit of writing yesterday.  Not the novels, but just journal writing.  I haven't gotten back into the next book of the trilogy yet.  It's partly written a few chapters.

I am discouraged by the no sales in Amazon, but that shouldn't stop me from writing.  I know the books will wait for me when I am ready to write some more.  Just taking some time away from it.

I did make two sales within a few weeks on the coffee cozies at Etsy and would love for it to pick up.  My most recent customer just gave me a good review which was very cool.  I am getting a little more action with my Etsy than with Amazon.

I like going to the forums and answering other sellers questiONS.  You do need to be active.  I'm promoting my knitted items on Pinterest after I list them and my FB page and Twitter.  I've got to stop listing on Etsy for a little bit as I have about 60 items now and want to leave it at that for a little bit.

Jennifer Jo. Fay

Copyrighted May 19, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment