Friday, August 31, 2012

DIY Tutorial: How to make Rosemary Mint Lilac Bath Salts

Last night I went back to my house and finished off a container of dead sea salts.  Well, I couldn't just throw away the container.  It's a good size.  I had bought the sea salts at a retail store last year and finally decided to use it up.

Now it will be used for my homemade bath salts.

I also watched a kind of stupid Snow White movie (dark tales or something like that).  It had the step mother who was the bad one and Snow got sent to some army base with a whole group of young people who were sent away from their families homes.  I didn't end up finishing it and can't remember the whole title it was that bad.

And I was checking my Siamese tortie point cat, Ella to make sure she didn't bring in fleas.  She's an indoor cat along with my gray Siamese, Luna.  I left the window open a little bit in the living room for about three weeks and finally the other night I drove home at 10pm after my ex got back from Florida.  I was sleeping over my kids house for a few days.  It's a good thing I didn't that night as when I got back, a cat was outside meowing at me and then I realized it was Ella and she had busted through but Luna was left inside.  I'm thinking she probably wasn't out too long and she just wanted to get back in.

So, that's that little horror moment thinking I could have lost both cats.  I'm sure if she had been there long enough she might have travelled further.


Rosemary Mint Lilac Bath Salts

1 to 1 1/2 cups of Epsom salts

1 - 1 1/2 cups salt (or you could add a mixture of salt and sugar:  I was out of sugar so used salt instead.)

1-2 tbsp ground almonds (optional)

1-2 tbsp buttermilk powder

1-2 handfuls of dried chamomile flowers

2 tea bags of peppermint and/or spearmint tea bags, cut and added

a few squirts of green food coloring

1-2 tbsp of dried mint from the garden

1-3 tbsp of rosemary mint essential oil

1-4 tbsp of lilac essential oil (I used more as I wanted to finish off my leaking container)


Mix it all together and later enjoy.  It smells really good and I can hardly wait to try it.


A few optional ingredients

eucalyptus essential oil

a few squirts of aloe vera gel


Jennifer Jo Fay

Copyrighted August 31, 2012


I've been swamped today listing all my kids outfits I was waiting to list on Ebay.  Now that fall is here I'm hoping that they will sell better.  Someone already has bid on one set.

That took all day practically as I had a lot of things to get rid of.



1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! I bet it smells delicious for sure!
    I would love to try this!

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete