Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Who the Hell Are you?

Who the Hell are you?  If you don't know who you are then obviously nobody else will.  What makes you tick?  What makes you do the things that you do? 

Who you decide to be in life is solely up to you.  Nobody else is going to do it for you.  True, other people will help you along, but nobody else is going to make your choices for you.

Are you one that always compares yourself to others or are you the one who decides early on that you are going to be unique to yourself and not let anyone else make you jealous of others?

Like when we read other writings or see artwork that someone other than ourselves has done our first thought is to get jealous that we didn't come up with it and then we start to wish that "Hey, I could have done the same thing, but, but, better."

That shouldn't be our goal.  We should love to see the work of others and know that we aren't the only talented people in the world because there are many of creative individuals that make up our melting pot and it is our differences that makes us be able to share with others.

Are you someone that becomes timid and doesn't dare to push the boundaries?  One that doesn't speak up or try new things.  Dare to be bold and discover that alter ego inside you, you know the one who is going to stand up and say, "I think I'll try that because if I don't I'm going to always be wondering and I can't have that."

Are you the person who is going to listen to others when they can politely teach you something you didn't know about yourself or your writing?  That's why comments and feedback is so great whether it is good or bad because most are only trying to help you.

The only comments or feedback that usually isn't welcome are the ones who come across as rude and naturally there could be a little retaliation from that one.

Are you the person who keeps reading?  You should as you learn something every day from reading.  You gain insight into others perspectives.  We can only read so much into our writings and that is why we look for comments and feedback from others who can offer us something else about the writing or post that we might not have ever thought of.

And you never know when your words will be our next inspiration for a post or you might find your words ending up in a chapter of one of my novels.  You never know when an author is going to choose to use something.

That's the beauty of who the hell are you, because you do not know who the hell the other person is until you read and find out.  And you still might not know who the hell the other person is because even though we express quite a lot, the simple fact is that none of us are an open book.

We all hold things back all the time.  And somethings go to the grave with us.  I know my mother had her secrets too and they got buried with her.  And that's where every one's secrets should go.

Isn't that why people can't read our minds!  Ha. Ha.

Jennifer Jo Fay

Copyrighted August 22, 2012

p.s.  My kids and their dad are gone for three days and I'm going to be having my laptop for myself until later Sunday.  Which I am going to take full advantage of.  So majority of the crafting is going to be put on hold until Sunday when I return and she gets my laptop for the day.

And the countdown to school is fastly approaching!

Note:  I've been pumping out lots of posts on Triond today, so if you would like to go and read, I am:

jay1995


I did a spell typo when I signed up to Triond last year and never changed it to jfay1995

I think I have written about five or six articles there today:

One of them was:  Why I'm Glad Judge Judy wasn't my Mother!


Now, I would love to have this tomorrow morning.  Maybe I should take a short break and make a batch with what I've got to work with.  Butterscotch and chocolate morsels and perhaps a little creme de menthe perchance!!!

Time is of the essence.



An old typewriter from a local antique shop near me. 

2 comments:

  1. You're right, writers take inspiration from anywhere. And to answer one of your many posted questions...I wish I made a clear plan to follow my own path but I do care what others think...and usually I regret that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I care about what others think too. I think for many people that does get in the way of what we want to do. I know it has gotten in the way for me before too and I usually wish that I hadn't listened to them or let them get to me.

    ReplyDelete