Friday, May 26, 2017

Keep Writing! Don't Stop

Good advice! Keep writing! I'm going to make myself write more today. I don't have a set routine for writing. It just happens when it happens.

I hate the days when you start off the day thinking you will write a lot and then it ends up you did everything but write.

Yesterday was one of those days. I thought I would write, kept telling myself I still had hours in the day to write and instead I finished knitting a headband for the farmer's market, started another one with finger weight yarn and I snacked on potato chips, ate cheesecake I made for my boyfriend's birthday and I cooked supper.

Not to mention surfing the web on my iPod. Or rather, surfing E bay. Birthday shopping for my girls and fun little make up treats. I put on red lipstick for the first time in years and my boyfriend got a kick out of that.

I bought the red Revlon lipstick for part of the cover for my newest novel. Just thoughts in the works on that as of now. And after I put it on, I forgot to twist the lipstick down and screwed up the top of the lipstick slightly. I think I can touch it up, but it's not a perfect formed lipstick now. Darn. I'm thinking of dragging the lipstick across part of an antique mirror for part of the cover. Not sure.

So yesterday, no writing got done. The hours dwindled, we watched American Beauty. I hadn't seen that in years. Definitely not worth watching again, but we did. He gets the movies from the library and doesn't know what I have seen.

He brought back Million Dollar Baby last week and that was really good. Sad but good.

I kept thinking I would put the iPod down, grab that notebook (steno book) that was beside me on my card table I will actually be breaking down tonight for the farmer's market. The weather looks like it's going to be good in my town tomorrow. Yay. Praying for no wind like last week. My fingers were so cold that day, I was determined to grab one of my fingerless mitts but I didn't.

I've got to yank out one of my legwarmers as it probably won't fit a person's leg.

I decided to call it a night after 9pm after drinking a sweet tea. Peach. I love the Pure Leaf peach tea. Raspberry is good as well.

I grabbed the phone, the iPod, my camera, and the steno pad and my black fine tip marker. Thought I was going to write. Right? No. Didn't even look at my phone. No iPod. I kept thinking of hearing that person again blare her TV. Earlier in the evening one of my neighbors blared her TV so loud I could hear it coming into my living room and drowning my TV. I could hear her phone go off and part of a conversation.

I had gone down with the trash to see where it was coming from as it could have been by a nearby pub. But no. When I came up, whoever had it blaring stopped. Almost as if noticing I was peeved about it.

I didn't even look at the camera that I had taken a bunch of pictures on yesterday.

So, today, I guess I am writing. Two posts on this blog. The one I haven't written on in about a year and a half or longer. Sorry. I guess I should keep writing on this. I finally put the link to my Amazon author page next to the blog. Don't know why I hadn't done it before. Well, for the longest time, I didn't know how to copy and paste the links. Now I know how to do that as I've been promoting in the FB groups for a long time.

I'm going to make myself finish the short story I started this morning. About my dream I had.

It really doesn't matter when you write as long as you do come back to it. I have my spurts of writing for 4 to 5 hours in a day and days when I don't write but knit. It's a balancing act. If you're not in the mood, then don't write.

Although it is good to try to write each day if you can. You think you won't have anything to write about but you will. Surprise yourself.

Jennifer Jo Fay
Copyrighted May 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment