Friday, May 26, 2017

New Adventures

It's been a while since I have posted on my blog. Chock that up to balancing other agenda. I've published a lot more since I posted last. I am now up to about 44 published books including novels, poetry, recipe books and two knitting books on Amazon.

I've just started doing my local farmer's market this year and sold two of my paper back novels last weekend. It was very cold and I am hoping this weekend is better. Last weekend, my umbrella fell off two times as it was so windy. The first time, it fell on top of another vendor I was talking to. I was so embarrassed and luckily she was fine.

I am currently writing a new novel, Loving Her Until Infinity (erotica version) which is about 91 pages so far. I published the mystery version which has the two main characters in it as well but is an alternate story line.

I also have a new poetry book in the works and some days just feel like writing poetry. It depends on the day as to what I do. Lately, I've been knitting a lot also as I've needed to have a lot of knitted product for the farmer's market as well as my drawings, paper dolls and the books.

I've been taking the train to visit my kids and that is working out fine. Except we have to make sure our voices aren't too loud. Meaning I can't be on the phone with my best friend. I have learned from experience I have to make my phone calls to her elsewhere. But I'm not going to not talk to my kids or knitting friends when they visit me in the library. I need to talk to my kids.

I tried my hand at Ukrainian egg dying and will continue to do that also when the mood hits. I'm Lithuanian. My boyfriend is thinking I could have Jewish in me. I wouldn't know for sure until I take a DNA test and I don't know if I want to fork over the money to do that. It's in the past, but I guess if I am curious enough, I will bite the bullet.

I've got a few recipe books in the works, one on Biscotti. Those are going slower.

I've been replenishing a few of my dolls and recently bought a new composition doll that is very pretty. I bought Crissy doll as I used to have her as a kid. I'm slowly preparing myself for grandchildren. That should be a while.

My oldest is going to be a senior in college next Fall. He would probably be the first to make me a Nana.

My youngest, Julia, has taken up embroidery and made me a number one mom embroidery for Mother's Day. My goal is to get it framed next month.

I've got two daughter birthdays coming up next month and am excited to give them some cool gifts and introduce my boyfriend to the family.

He is a neighbor whose wife passed away about a year and a half ago. We've been dating for a while.

A good laugh, he's fodder for the fiction. Like everyone needs to know, we writers can use anything you say or do. Some of the words he comes up with find their way into some of the novels.

And this morning, he's found my way into a short story that is sort of based on a dream I had this morning.

The short story book is going to take a while before I publish that. I've got only thirty pages so far and don't come up with lots of short stories.

Anyhow, that's what I've been doing in a nutshell. Still writing, publishing and knitting. And I may try my hand at embroidery too. Plus I'm going to do a little bit of patchwork quilting. I bought a few square packs already cut.

Jennifer Jo Fay
Copyrighted May 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment