Sunday, October 7, 2012

Get Evernote for your Laptop

Earlier in the year, I had signed up for Evernote, but really didn't know too much about it.  I didn't try it at that time.

Yesterday, I decided to download it to my laptop.  It's really easy to do and it's free.  There are also some other features that you can download, such as clip, Skitch and others.  I'm not too familiar with them.
Once you download Evernote and start using it, you will become addicted and find out how easy it is.  You can create as many notebooks as you like and create all kinds of notes for each one.

You could use it as your daily journal, notes for just about anything, a place to store all your recipes, or anything else you may like using it for.

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm sure that you can upload a photo to it too and do lots of other things.  You can share your notes if you want, print them of course, etc....

I think I am going to end up using mine for my research notes too.  I kind of started a file for my research notes in microsoft word, but I might just rather have it in Evernote.

That way, I can have a note for each topic and it should be easier to look up when I need to find something.  Instead of scrolling through my whole research files.

I think I am going to want to use it for my knitting notes too, like patterns that I want to type in that I am working on.  I tend to be able to just knit without the pattern once I get going and memorize it, but it's nice to have it in several different places too.  And we all know that the paper versions can get messed up, ripped, torn and spill coffee stains on it.  It's good to know we can have things saved permanently.

I might try Skitch down the road, but obviously will not be doing that now, with no ipad.  ha ha.  I love the Livescribe smart pen too and my HTC tablet.  The tablet also has a place for writing notes and keeping a notebook.  I think it's all good to have on hand.  What if you feel like leaving the laptop at home and you would rather just have something smaller, or another night I might rather write with my Livescribe pen.  I want my options open to write with anything.  Even the old fashioned writing pads are great and good to know that they never go out of style.

And then there's the paper towels, napkins and chalk!  A Triond friend told me of someone who writes with chalk on the wall when she's in the shower.  That was funny!

And yes, we should all keep a pad of paper by the bedside just in case we get woken up to our inspiration.

Jennifer Jo Fay

Copyrighted October 7, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment