Monday, June 10, 2013

Finding time to Write or Not

When do we as writers want to find time to write?  We've got to do it, we know we need to get on our saddles and literarily ride our high horse there and just DO IT!!!!!!!

But, what about when we don't?  Like the WEEKEND!!!!  When maybe we don't want to write at all on some days.  Are you dead in the water, so to speak?  Sometimes, me.  I don't think I wrote too much this weekend.  I did do my posting on Saturday to my blog I think and Triond.  But, Friday was more likely my day when I pumped out the Triond articles.  I'm trying to go for a record this month to see if I can earn the most I have ever earned at Triond in a month.  I'm getting there.  Last month was a good month and I didn't even write on the site for the whole month.

But, really, who wants to write on the WEEKEND!!!  Sometimes we do, but it's also nice just to have some quiet time.  I saw my kids which is always a great thing.  Then, I had done some yard saling and the best buy of the day was a cool footstool.  I remodeled it with pretty fabric, lace from my wedding dress and made some pockets to put a magazine etc. 

Then, I got in the sewing mood and made one of those pockets you put over the arm of the couch.  And wouldn't you know after I was done with the footstool, my cat, Ella decided she wanted to claw it.  We'll see how that goes.

And then, I had a movie day where I played about four movies, including Twilight Breaking Dawn part 2 and The Postman.  Costner and Bethlehem are both cool.  And the girl in it has some guts, sort of like me.  Guts, meaning I'm not going to let bad neighbors continue to stalk me especially when I am ready to move somewhere else.  It's not their right to stalk me, and should they ever break in (They won't) I would feel like that girl in the movie and would defend myself!!!!!

And then, a really weird thing happened yesterday while I was in the livingroom.  It was quiet and all of a sudden one of my window sensors went off and I was nowhere near it and my cats were nowhere near it.  The alarm just decided to go off on it's own.  Really strange.  A ghost?

And, I've started to sew up those old yo yo circles I was cutting about a year and a half ago.  One of those days, that blanket throw will get finished.  I finally decided to make a little yo yo bracelet and it came out cute.  And I had unfinished fabric strips for those fabric bracelets, so I forced myself to finish a bunch of those.  And my girls are going to get some of them.

And I've started a Mary Alice black shrug sort of like the one Alice Cullen wears in one of the movies.  Except when I went to start the free Ravelry pattern, I got mixed up on the lace pattern, so it's going to end up being random.  Oh well.  I may try another one and see if I can follow the pattern. 

And I happened upon a Ravelry pattern for the Kate Middleton green shrug she wore to the grocery store one day.  The one with the ruffle.  I bought the pattern and will see if I can try to make it sometime.  I will probably wait until I can afford a nice green yarn for it.  And hopefully I will be able to figure out how to do the pattern. 

It may end up being that it's stockinette stitch and the ruffle if I can't figure out the lace part.  Started reading it and there's some things in it I haven't learned how to do yet.  But will attempt sometime.

And now, it's Monday and I'm back to writing.  I've gotten a bunch on Triond.  jfay1995

I decided to add a few recipe ones as well, as they say that sometimes you can do well there with the recipes.

But anyway, the WEEKEND is over and it's back to writing for all of us writers who decided to take a few days break.  How do we get back into the swing of things?

I know my novels are having a hiatus but I just don't dare to get them into this cheapo laptop and have that really jerk of a guy retrieve it and plagarize.  I've had so many worries about that.

But, when I get my new nice laptop at some point, I've got to take it somewhere, put a really good password on the laptop, get the firewall and nice Windows 8 which will definitely help and I've got to just start getting the novels and my recipe books in there as I have to finish my stuff.

And I'm just going to have to not keep worrying that the nut will take my stuff.  He should know that plagarism is a serious crime and if I find my stuff out there, I will sue him and then I have the right to bring out all the stalking as well and how he came about retrieving my stuff.  Along with the rest of his druggy friends.

A writer has to do what they have to do.

Mondays can be hard and we have to potentially face writer's block as well.  I've started a little prompts book for myself.  I had started one a long time ago for when I was writing poetry a few years ago. 

I think I've got a few posts somewhere in the bowels of this blog on some cool poetry prompts.

A little while ago, I was thinking that they would also be cool to publish as a book of prompts.  I was really thinking that would be neato.

But then the more I thought about it, I am not sure I want to.  And my thinking is that, these are my writing prompts, my ideas and cool words and short short stories that perhaps I want to keep for myself for a rainy day.

This is making me think back to a few of my other posts.  My STORYLINE STARTERS.  I think I probably published three to four of these posts.  They were short short storyline prompts which I wrote.  Some of them had a cool picture to go by.

I keep forgetting that is another way of getting ourselves out of writer's block by writing about an image.  I should try that more often.  It's fun.  The photographer in me remembers how we used to have to talk about photographs in photography class in college.  We had to describe what was in the foreground and the background and all kinds of aspects of what the photograph has to tell to us, the viewer.

Jennifer Jo Fay

Copyrighted June 8, 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment