Thursday, March 28, 2013

Why we don't post as much some days


We all have days when we don't post as much on our blogs or on Triond.  I kind of think today for me is one of those days.  I know yesterday I must have pumped out lots of posts here and several on my blog.  http://jennyjofaypaperdolls.blogspot.com/

Today has been a different day for me.  First of all, I decided to catch some extra day dreaming.  We all need that from time to time.  Beauty sleep is good for the soul.

Then, I got motoring, had my coffee and then headed to my local library which is one of my favorite haunts.  I learned at one point last year, J.K. Rowling always liked writing at the library.

It's a nice quiet place where you can concentrate.  So, it's where I have been all afternoon, and soon I will need to go home, call my kids and perhaps do a little knitting.  Last night, while talking to my sister, I was mentioning starting a dishcloth.  When I later talked to her that night, I had it more than half way done, that's how quick those things knit up.  I knew that Sugar & Cream yarn was begging for me to pick it up and knit happy.  So, maybe tonight I will have a new finished dishcloth to use and also it could be background for the food photography for the two recipe books. 

Anyway, when I got to the library today, I decided I didn't want to hop online at first and I was checking my documents, zip drives and passport with the trial version of Webroot.  When it runs out I'm going to get another version of it for my protection.  Anyway, I was glad to see there were really no threats.  Well, perhaps one with Instagram downloader, but nothing really bad and it got removed.  So, when I finally get a new laptop it will be easy to transfer everything.

The next thing after that, I decided to upload some pictures into the laptop and also more importantly I went into The Glorious Money Tree and edited the novel. 

That's so important to do.  It's why we sometimes don't post as many posts as we know other important things need our attention and I do eventually want to see completion to the first novel of trilogy and start thinking about how the formatting process goes when turning into an ebook for Kindle Publishing.

I pumped the novel to 179 pages from editing the first 45 pages.  It was great to be able to clean it up some more, change some things around and get it going in the right direction.

I decided to change the age of my main character and her friends from ten to eleven.  That way, they will be growing up and going into a different school, moving from their old school into Middle school.  That means I also had to rethink some of their sentences.

I also decided to write more in depth about a minor character who before had a bit part and now he will have a more prominent role in the shape of the novel.  It will of course create conflict for which the readers love to read about and to see what the outcome will be.

So, today was really focusing on that for the most part.  I think I will try to do this tomorrow too, but will try to post some more on here and the blog tomorrow.

But, there will always be certain days when we need to devote our time to previous projects, or anything else that has been lacking and we just can't shove it under the carpet.  

I guess we need to find a balance to what it is we need to do every day.  And lord, don't we know every day is a different day under the sun and something new and great can come out of it?

Jennifer Jo Fay

Copyrighted March 28, 2013



The yarn for the dishcloth which is nice and bright.



I reorganized my jewelry beads yesterday.  And below is the stroganoff type recipe I made a few days ago.  I need to get it in my recipe book later.



No comments:

Post a Comment