Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ravelry Site is Addicting


If you are a knitter, you have probably heard about Ravelry.com.  It is a very addicting site to go to and if you love to knit like I do, you will often find yourself there for hours.

All you need to do is sign up and start searching.  You can put some things you want to make in your library, your queue or your favorites.  You can start to talk to other knitters as well.  I haven't really done that yet, but I someday might. 

It's a place where you can share your knitting tips with others, you can buy patterns for a small cost if there's some you really want to make.  And you can leave bookmarks on the ones you would like to try at a later date.

You also can upload your own patterns and try to make some money selling your patterns you design.  I have tried this with a bracelet I made, but haven't explored that too much.  It's pretty easy to do though.  There's a certain section you go into and you can upload your PDFs with the pictures etc...  then you tell how much you want for the pattern and eventually you get sales.  

It probably depends on what it is.  Maybe bracelets aren't a hot thing.  I don't know.  But then I haven't really promoted too much of my knitting.  It's going to be in book form to at some date be published with Kindle.

I love Ravelry for finding lots of free patterns as well.  It's very easy and addicting to find what you want and download the PDFs or go to their site to save them.  All you have to do is to type in the garment you want to make and there is tons of different patterns at your fingertips.

I can't remember how many times I have gone in and saved all kinds of free patterns.  I probably have too many and every knitter knows you can only make so many garments at one time.  Even if you have fast fingers, you still only have so much time to make something.

I love Ravelry.  There are lots of cool patterns out there for just about anything.  And also, the patterns can be lovely as a beginning place for one of your original designs.  We all have to start from something.  

Jennifer Jo Fay

Copyrighted April 4, 2013







No comments:

Post a Comment