Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sometimes everything has a use

It seems like there's always some new article about clutter.  2014 is almost upon us and the cleaning feeling is going to get us in the mood to get rid of things.  Every time I go to look at a magazine there's new tips about how to solve the clutter dilemma.  I enjoy looking at them as you never know what you are going to see that will help you with a good tip for a problem solver on your space issues.

I love looking at the Martha Stewart magazines and when I'm done with them, I bring them back for new ones at the library swaps.  Two of her craft ideas I want to try later on is the pussy willow branches for holding your Easter Eggs (may have to do some of those Ukrainian eggs again.  It's been years.

And a simple one is making a pincushion from a frame.  Sounds cool.

I usually think before I throw things out and decide if there's a use for it.  There's a Goodwill pile usually that can also go back to Goodwill.  Except for the candle holder I broke for my project.  I've rinsed a gravy jar and the empty coffee container, thinking what could I put in them?  Or if all else fails, I've cleaned it and it's ready to go into the trash or recycle.

Seeing as I've got the scrapbook and decoupage bug, I'm looking at my mail or other things that get thrown out and can I do something with it before it's on it's way out.  Out comes the paper punches.  My little heart one is a fun one to just gather some hearts for something.

It was a sad thing to see when I went to post onto Triond and it kind of just made me want to exit fast.  7 cents would make anyone leave real fast.  Makes me rather just write here even though Google Adsense disabled me.  This is my blog.  I stopped writing at my extra ones.

It is sometimes better to just work at one really well and maintain it.

Same goes for the internet, spending all day just surfing the net can also tire one out.  Lately, I just like to go to my favorite sites and skim.  Cleaning up the clutter on the emails is a good thing to do too, which means I should get back and do that within the next day or so as to not get bogged down with all those extra emails again.

Do not wait for months on end!  I'll remember that one and not do that again.

Springtime is coming in a while and there will once again be the time to weed out more and have a yard sale.  Or as I like to say, I'd rather have fun going to them!  And my Dad has requested if I see any boxing books!
I've got to be careful not to rescue too much more from the kids house unless it's something really important that they should keep when they are older.

I used to be the girl who would just throw things in the trash and then, ha ha, later I would fish it out before it went into the garbage.  Can be a good thing once in a while, but I try not to do that now if I can help it.  I would think, I don't want it and then I would change my mind and dig it out.

Yup, there's Mom again digging something out of the trash and there's a couple holes in the top of the bag.

Oh, and a note, there is bound to be some of me that is going to crop up in any one of the novels, and I think that's going to be a given.  It could come from any number of the posts and it will be hard not to interject some of me into them.

I think that's a thing every writer knows that there's going to be a little bit of us or anyone we may know interjected into any type of novel.  We usually go with what we know firsthand and then we add the what we do not know, but we have researched our subject material enough that we believe we can write about it and make it real.

Meaning, my main character will probably never be a rocket scientist or an astronaut.  Or a surgeon.  I'll just watch Al Yankovich and I will be good.  Ah, the 80's!  But, keep bringing back the flower power please.  Every day should be filled with flowers.

Okay, I will now see if I can find some cool photos for you and then, I'm close to being ready to at least read my first book of the Trilogy (Series?)  I'm trying to decide what my next move is going to be.  I've got the beginnings of an illustration for something.

Drawing time may be fun.  I also thought I might start putting some prints for sale of that Tiger Girl drawing I did a few months ago.  Like an 8 X 10 size and have it for sale on Etsy.

It's good to occasionally work on the clutter so that we are free to work on other things.  There is always something that we just don't need anymore.  But it is good to think if you will ever use it first.

Jennifer Jo Fay

Copyrighted December 19, 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment