Thursday, June 21, 2012

25 Things You Don't Know about Me



I was just visiting Katherine's Corner blog earlier this morning and this was the prompt from her blog.

Okay, so here goes.  25 things that you don't know about me.

1.  I'm from Lithuanian decent.  My great grandparents were from Lithuania.  And then when my grandfather was in grade school, they made him and his brothers shorten the Lithuanian name to Vasniz from some longer name.  And then it got changed to Wagnis.  (my maiden name).

2.  I was afraid of bumblebees when little and I threw out my stuffed animal bunny, Bun-Bun as she had beans in her and I thought they were bumblebees.  Mom rescued her from the trash.

3.  I love pickles and macaroni.  In my family, I'm considered the macaroni queen.  My mom had a huge jar of hamburger pickles stored in the closet pantry when I was in junior high.  I'd come home from school, hideout behind the fabric curtain and eat lots of pickles.

4.  I sewed up my own nightgown with marble bag material when I was in grammar school.  Didn't use a pattern and winged it.  My mom took a picture of me in it.

5.  I'm afraid of the dark and need the hall light on at night.  My sister and I shared a room when we were growing up and we would constantly argue on where the door was supposed to stay at.  We had one of those wooden floors, so we would leave it at a certain line.  Then she would get up and push it closer to being shut.  And I would get up and fix it.

6.  I love country music.  I hated it when I was growing up, but love it now.

7.  I have a fear of heights, but finally took a plane ride last year all by myself.

8.  I hate liver, lima beans and squash.  To name a few.  And then my mom once in a while would cook something using chop suey noodles and those silvery chinese noodles that resembled worms.

9.  My mother had three miscarriages before having me and my two younger siblings.  I had two miscarriages after having my first child.  And then after that, Jake was born.

10.  I love to talk on the telephone.  I have the gift for gab.

11.  My first finished novel was a smutty romance novel, Lustful Evangeline.  Which I need to edit and then someday self publish.

12.  I love all the Twilight movies.  A die hard fan.  And a Kristen Stewart Fan.

13.  One of my favorite old movies was Susan Slade.

14.  My icons are Katherine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor and my Mom.

15.  I love knitting and sewing too.  And I love to collect yarn and fabric.

16.  I can't just finish one project at a time.  I need lots of different projects going at once.  So then I can decide what day I want to finish one of them.

17.  I love my kids and would do anything for them.

18.  I miss the ocean.  Scarborough Beach, Fairy Beach, Two Lights State park and Crescent Beach were my favorites growing up.

19.  I love to draw and create paper dolls.  I'm thinking my next drawing attempts should be the covers of my new novels.

20.  I love reading James Patterson, Tami Hoag, Nora Roberts and a few others.

21.  Growing up, I loved to read Victoria Holt, Phyllis Whitney and Mary Stewart.  I probably read all their books.  I also read lots of Harlequin romances when I was younger.

22.  I loved watching mini series down to my Nana's house.  The Thorn Birds, North and South, and others. We would break for hot chocolate or international coffees during commercials.

23.  I love to make biscotti.

24.  My Aunt Harriet's lasagna was to die for.  I've got her recipe now.

25.  I live in the moment, go with the flow and just try to pursue my dreams.  I'm not in it to make money (although that would be nice).  I'm  in it to create and to leave a legacy.


Jennifer Jo Fay

Copyrighted June 21, 2012



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer. You linked this up with my writing workshop hop -- did you mean to link up something else or just linked up to the wrong hop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I purposely linked this to your hop. Is that okay? I thought it was your blog hop and we could submit our link to it to be part of the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete